We will be closed this Thursday to celebrate the holiday with our families and wish you a festive day filled with laughter and delicious food. After a good night’s sleep, should you decide to venture downtown on Friday, we will be back in the shop ready to help you at 10 a.m.
Shop Small Saturday and Raffle – November 26
Please join us on Saturday, November 26 for Shop Small Saturday, when many of your favorite locally-owned businesses will be offering treats and festivity throughout the day. We will be raffling off nine gifts in celebration of our ninth holiday season. Stop by to enter for your chance to win! We are also participating in Sustainable Connection’s Shop Small Saturday Passport. Pick up a passport, get it stamped by us and many other local businesses to be eligible for several prize packages.
We Love Our Neighborhood
As we enter this holiday season, the importance of community is foremost on our minds. We are grateful to live and work in downtown Bellingham and we value interacting with and relying on neighbors of all sorts. Supporting the businesses we love ensures they will remain downtown, making this area the energetic mix it is. In that spirit, we encourage you to support some of our favorite downtown spots this season. There are so many great choices we decided to limit this selection to those which are within only 2 blocks of us on Cornwall Avenue and Holly Street. Look at how many there are! Show them some love this holiday.
- Greenhouse – we are lucky to be neighbors and frequently rely on their expertise. A wonderful selection of housewares, furniture and more.
- Backcountry Essentials – a great spot for new and consigned outdoor clothing and gear. Their knowledgeable staff is very helpful.
- Kids Northwest – a longtime downtown store filled with quality kid clothing, shoes, and toys.
- Modsock – socks in an amazing array of fun patterns and themes.
- A New Leaf – so nice to pick up a fresh bouquet on the way home.
- Dakota Art – an excellent selection of art supplies along with expert staffers who know what works best.
- Spruce – lovely party supplies, stationery and wonderfully festive things.
- Bureau of Historical Investigation – handmade goods made by local artists.
- Cafe Akroteri – we love the happy hour special. Gyro and beer for $10! Prosser in the bar always treats us well.
- Horseshoe Cafe – tasty food available at all hours, much of it locally-sourced. Yes, you can eat downtown after midnight!
There are so many others we could list beyond a two-block radius. Come downtown, wander and have fun!
Happy Thanksgiving to you. Fill it with peace and kindness.
Your Ideal Staff
(Lisa, Kathleen, Tyler, and Julia)